We would like to welcome you to our Taekwon-Do club to begin your journey on the road to Black Belt. East Cork TKD caters for boys and girls from Junior Infants all the way adults. Each group will focus on different aspects of training. Classes are conducted in a safe and friendly environment and carried out by World & European gold medallist.
To get involved in any of our classes, fill in the online form below.
Classes available in:
Our classes are guaranteed to keep you excited and motivated while constantly challenging you. Classes offer a ride range of activity through different facets of Taekwon-Do such as pattern, sparring , self-defence, special technique, power, social development and much much more. The mental and cognitive effects of Taekwon-Do set you up to reach your full potential.
In our Kubz classes (Junior & Senior Infants):
- Emphasize fun activity in a safe and non-threatening environment
- Develop dojang (training hall) rules and Taekwon-Do etiquette
- Ensure that Fundamental Movement Patterns gain quality, definition and refinement as the basis for building Taekwon-Do specific skills
- Use Fun activities and games to develop physical capacities (basic strength, postural control, core strength and flexibility) as well as agility, balance and coordination
- Take advantage of increased trainability to enhance speed/quickness of movements and develop flexibility
- Develop self-esteem through positive reinforcement and rewarding good behavior
- Introduce basic stances and techniques
- Encourage creative play that develops basic sparring stances, punches and kicks
- Use simple games to introduce basic concepts of self defence
- Facilitate cognitive development in areas such as: recall, memory, concentration and problem solving
- Nurture psycho/social development: desire to learn and be active, self confidence to try new things, self expression and group social skills, self comparison and task focus
In our Junior Taekwon-Do classes ( 1st class + ):
Junior TKD is our programme for boys and girls from 1st class in national school. Taekwon-Do is much more than just a fun after school activity, it empowers children with skills and strategies for lifelong success.
Our super fun classes keep kids excited and motivated while learning cool Taekwon-Do moves, new skills and much more. Classes offer a ride range of activity through different facets of Taekwon-Do such as pattern, sparring , self-defence, special technique, power, social development and much much more. The mental and cognitive effects of Taekwon-Do set your child up for life to reach their full potential.
Our classes help children develop :
- Social Awareness
- Social Interaction
- Self Defence Skills
Teens & Adult Beginners:
This class will provide you with benefits such as the development of: flexibility, co-ordination, physical fitness, full body strength, endurance, confidence and much more. In general, you should expect to burn between 400 to 650 calories per each session performed. The best part is you’ll be enjoying yourself so much you wont even notice.
These classes are conducted in a fun and positive learning environment. You will be sure to feel welcome here regardless of age, fitness and gender. The objective is for everyone to feel comfortable and enjoy their training aiming to achieve your own personal goals no matter what they may be. This beginner class is the perfect opportunity to begin regular training where everyone has the same ability and knowledge. Adults and teens train with people of their own age and ability in our classes.
Your typical class compiles of a full body warm up including dynamic stretching and mobility, skill development exercises, padwork to develop punching and kicking techniques and combinations, full body conditioning and toning exercises, fun physical fitness games and a full body cool down and stretch out.
Book a place for any of our classes, by filling in the form below.